Firestone Rubbercover Installation Guide
Posted on 10th December 2021
Firestone RubberCover is available in large, seamless sheets up to 15.25m in width. Therefore, most residential roofs can be covered with one single sheet.
This durable and watertight EPDM flat roofing system promotes a no flame, cold applied installation. This makes the flat roofing installation process easier, safer and more cost-effective than alternatives.
Firestone RubberCover Installation Guide
Installing Firestone RubberCover is easy and can be done following these very simple steps:
1. Ensure the deck is clean and dry. Install a 2” x 1” batten to the roof perimeter, level with the roof deck to allow for the installation of edge trims.
2. On the gutter edge, install the base plate 5mm below the deck using plain nails.
3. Position the membrane on the roof and allow it to relax for 30-45 minutes, it may need slightly longer in colder temperatures.
4. Fold back one half of the rubber and apply an even coat of water-based adhesive to the deck using a roller and sleeve.
5. Mate the rubber to the adhesive immediately and use a soft broom to sweep out any air bubbles.
6. Repeat the process for the other side.
7. To finish, thoroughly sweep the roof.
Now the membrane is fully adhered, it is time to fix the membrane on the exposed edges using Rubbatrim Edges. Allow a 5mm gap between trims for expansion and contraction.
1. Push down on the edge trim.
2. Fix in place using poly pins.
3. Trim any excess rubber with a sharp blade.
Now the membrane and RubbaTrim Edges are in place, the gutter edge trim can be installed.
1. Pull rubber taut and install top plate, secure with poly nails. Again, allow a 5mm gap between trims for expansion and contraction.
2. Trim any excess rubber with a sharp blade.
If you have any questions or require any installation support, contact your local branch today.
Firestone RubberCover EPDM – cut to length in your local branch or order by the roll.
We stock the full RubberCover range, as well as a wide range of additional accessories, such as thermal insulation, fixings, clamps and much more – just contact your local branch for more details.
Share this post: